Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Waitlisted at.....

NYU Stern..

So let me analyze how I feel right now : grateful mixed with a little surprise

Wow.. This is one of my re-application attempts. Last year, my application was not stellar ( bad essays, so so gmat, no working experience ). I was actually expecting a reject because all I could do to reapply was to submit ONE 500 words essay describing what is my long term/short term goals and how NYU can help me achieve it. 500 words!!! okay.. well I went over the limit... way over :) I submitted a 750 essay... hahaha

And I also created another art/collage work for the essay to describe myself to the classmates.

So yeah, pretty surprised that I got waitlisted.. Well now I feel like I need to go to New York and visit NYU as well as Columbia. I need to see which school I really want to go.. I love UCLA.. and NYU is in New York.. When can I squeeze this trip to New York ( I have minus 1 vacation day after my upcoming trip to Indonesia )

5 comments:

the being said...

Hard luck, but there is still hope. I hear that visiting the school will be a huge plus for u in the case of NYU. So i'd suggest u go ahead with ur plan and make that trip to NYC.
Does getting waitlisted mean that they will interview u once u accept ur place on the waitlist?

Iday said...

Though a waitlist is not entirely news, it is not entirely bad news either. Keep showing interest in the school and visit them - i've heard that Stern really appreciates that.

All the best.

righty said...

Hey... Not to lose heart! Making your case with just one essay is always difficult.... And pulling up a waitlist is a fete!! Do they roll out waitlist number or anything similar? :-?

Katrina said...

Sorry to hear that... I got Stern's interview invite tho... Will schedule an on-campus interview in early Mar when I'm visiting NY. Keep trying if you still like NYU, think about the UCLA vs NYU decision later. Good luck!

ipoel said...

Thank you all for giving me kind words :) I think I might return from Indonesia earlier and head to NY... We'll see