Thursday, February 1, 2007

What do you reward yourself for getting into B school?


The question says it all.. but the answers I'd love to hear.....

Let me know.. be it a CAR (!), a new wardrobe, a gadget ( the new i-phone coming up in June?), a vacation somewhere??

I was planning to get myself a nice bag if I got into one of the B schools.. but then I had a breakout on my face in December that was so bad that I had to go to a dermatologist. I don't know what cause it.. but it was nasty... Huge pimples on my forehead and they kept coming out. Luckily, I went to Dr. Harold Lancer here in LA. I totally swear by him! He's a miracle worker.. But anyway , yeah there goes my budget for a new bag...

My mother seems to be encouraging me to get a new wardrobe though.. Every time she called or text me, she would ask me : have I shopped recently? Have I cut my hair to make it look nicer? Have I bla bla bla... I was pretty concerned about it.. Is she trying to set me up with some random guys in Indonesia while I'm having a holiday there.. I confronted her today and she had told me that she was just utterly shocked to see how I look when we had a video call a few weeks ago.. Well that makes me feel better ( or Not.. )

Now that I have this encouragement to get myself a present, I wonder what I should get..... What are u guys getting ?

I'm thinking :
1. a bag
2. earring
3. nice bracelet
4. vacation somewhere? maybe Europe or China?

I'm considering earrings or a bracelet from uyen-uyen

8 comments:

righty said...

I would love to reward myself with a trip back home... :) and probably a new guitar... :):)

Katrina said...

3 months vacation in Sydney~~ A trip to Europe maybe, including some shopping around =P

JatWarrior said...

Treo 680
Canon 30D DSLR
a breitling or omega
a trip to peru and brazil

waiiiit!! someone stop me!!!!! bschool hasnt even started and i am already broke.

Uyen-Uyen look great, btw :)

Iday said...

What!!!

u planning u gift urself something for ur getting into B school?!?!

I mean, do u mean to say u have spare cash??? :O

kpmg said...

wouldn't getting into b/school be rewarding enough in itself?

don't know what I'll buy for myself. I'm not very good at that :(

Maybe a laptop (if there isn't a laptop program at the school). But that's more like buying a necessity than a reward i guess.

guess I'ld buy myself 2 or 3 suits since I'll be needing them during interviews and such.

damn. i don't really know what I'm going to do. I'll probably quit work and play online poker nonstop :P

Ravanan said...

In that moment of joy, I am planning to slip past my wife my long pending wishlist for the 42" LCD TV and the mighty Harley VRSC

HairTwirler said...

My friends and I did something my roommate termed "decision drinking". Whenever I received a decision (negative or positive) we went out and consumed themed alcohol.
IESE- sangria and spanish wine
Notre Dame- car bombs
UCLA- sex on the beach

You get the idea. :-)

As far as personal treats my immediate gratification was an ice cream cone.
For the longer term treat I am saving my money so I can quit my job a few months early and travel around India.

ipoel said...

Well well well.. everyone is excited to reward oneself hahaha.. All seems like a very interesting present so good luck and have fun!
@jatwarrior.. I can't stop you..
@all.. yup B school is the ultimate gift but we all can indulge :)