Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Getting Bored

Here I am on my vacation days.. .with nothing to do but studying for CFA test in June!! most of my friends are working so I can't meet up during the day time.. My mom is currently out of town, my dad is working, my other brother is working, my youngest bro is studying til 3pm everyday.. my vacation days only start at 6pm when everyone is out from work and I suddenly need to juggle spending time w my friends in Indon, my friends from LA who are in Indo and my family..

My not being able to drive around in Jakarta adds to my already boring life here.. So why don't I drive here.. other than because my parents deem it to be too dangerous for me ( high crime level ), and because there are thousands ... ten thousands..hundred thousands... motor bikes all over the street.. You'll be driving forward while motorbikes around you are driving the opposite direction ( OH YES IT's true.. ) and people practically not follow traffic lights in areas other than the center of the city ( which accounts for wat.. maybe 80% of the city )..Not to mention that ppl here don't follow the car lanes.. Three car lanes will be filled by four or five cars along with the motor bikes...

And then more often than not, you'll see people carrying carts ( selling food or carrying things ) walking at the side of the road.. if not on the middle of the roads

OH WELL!!!!!

I'm patiently checking my emails to see if Berkeley will show me some love... Anyone in the same boat?

3 comments:

Mocha said...

For some reason,....I seem to check my email more often now, hoping for that magical email from Berkeley.

Good luck to both of us ;P

mba_Deeva said...

no love from Berkeley here either. think i got no luck with the West Coast =(

Anonymous said...

The only time in my life I thought I was going to die was while driving in India.