Wednesday, February 7, 2007

Hardworking is Overrated!



Okay the title will not have anything to do with what I'm going to talk about.. I just remembered hearing it from TV.. must be from "My Name is Earl" show or something.. Or okay.. maybe I'm just venting some frustration at work

But anyway... some people have been getting interview invite for the Second Round.. I'm getting pretty listless.. Where is my newss?? I'm still waiting for Columbia ( uncertain of what to hope for ) and Berkeley ( either waitlist or reject).. but still I would love to know sooner than later..

Especially since my vacation to Indonesia is coming up in a week... (I'm heading home on Feb 14 night so you guys won't see my posts for a few days.. if not 2 weeks.... ) What I dread is if I get an interview invite one of these days that ask me to sign up for interview while I'm on vacation.. I'll be back in LA on March 3rd... But yeah that's just ol' hopeful' moi.. isn't everyone tho'

So let's get back to the interview invites.. AgirlsMBA just got her interview invite to Columbia today for her Regular decision.. oh well oh well oh well.. AgirlsMBA is really something! Applying to 9 schools and invited for interviews for 7 schools and maybe more to come ! DANG! that's crazy.. all the best for her...

For those of you who are aiming those top schools, reading blogs of people who apply to those schools and seeing how they progress would help you achieve your goal too.. You can learn how they are able to get interview invite/ being accepted.. So good luck !

On a site note, the picture is of a vest I bought from J. Crew.I thought I would post it to show what stuffs I have bought after my mother demands me to shop more ! Shoot.. I bet lotss of daughters would LOVE to hear that from their mothers...

7 comments:

righty said...

Thats great to know that you are moving on a vacation!

Have loads of fun!!! And do not fret too much over the office work, you are going to get rid of it soon!! :)

Mocha said...

Thanks for the comment! It's always to hear some encouragement...I must say your story (especially your story, compared to most other ones I read) is the most inspiring. Though I really have no idea your age, but at least must be younger than the average 28 right?

In my essays, I didn't really mention about my age (xcept in optional essay). I tried to make them be aware of my age when reading my career goal. In my family background essay... (after I read yours), I think, your writing style is very similar. Or perhaps this is just how Asians write. I talked about mainly how my mom (single mom who is an entrepreneur) inspired me. Hopefully, that won't fall into the "common thread". I read that you went through some advice on those essay type, what do you think?

I just checked out your MBA school list...wow.... except for Columbia, we applied for the same schools! That just shows how similar we are..Ok..I should stop blobbing...Sorry for this long ass comment.

By the way, what's opencoder thing ? I am not sure what to look for in your blog? How do I add you in my visiting blogger list? (can you even do that, I see a lot of ppl do that here, I just don't know how...)

Tx...I think I should go to bed now....I like that JCrew outfit by the way. Very classy~ ^_^v

AGirlsMBA said...

Thanks for the shoutout in the blog! It is definitely exciting ... but also a whole new world of stress.

I also love that vest! Did you already buy it??

ipoel said...

@iday: thanks! any update from ur part?
@ agirlsmba: Yup I've already bought the vest..
@Mocha: i don't think ur story fall under the common style although i wouldn't know for sure unless i read the whole essay :) but anyway it's over n done so let's just wait
Yup mom is a big part in an Asian's daughter life ( just take a look at The Joy Luck Club )

Opencoder is to add your blog to the mba blog list :
http://opencoder.org/mbablogs/applicants/

Add ur blog to that list

Achilles said...

It was really nice reading your blog...have a nice vacation!!
i have also started on my journey to apply for B schools for fall 08

Mocha said...

Thanks! I checked out the opencoder page. I requested to be added to that. :)

Anyways, any news for your R2 application? I am even more nervous after reading more blogs from opencoder.

Anonymous said...

boo for work. Nice blog, come visit sometime. :)