Monday, January 29, 2007

My International Experience


When I was 16, I was offered an ASEAN Secondary school scholarship from the Singapore government. Basically, I would be able to study in Singapore for grade 9 and 10 and all my accomodation were provided for.
I stayed in the Raffless Institution Boarding house with other students from South East Asia, China, India etc. It was a really memorable experience.
Even now, 8 years since then, I always fall back to my friends from Singapore for help.
For ex : who did I ask to check on my essays while applying to B school :
1. Joan, my best friend and previous roommate in Singapore. She's an Indonesian who has been able to master the English language ( unlike me, who never seem to be able to make one piece of writings without any grammar mistake) She was in Singapore and I had sent her the essays through emails
2. Ha, my Vietnamese friend and ex roommate from Singapore. She was in the Mid west and I had sent my essays through MSN and asked her to check them!
3. Ruby, my Indonesian scholar mate who is working in LA.

It's mind boggling isn't it.. Here I am in LA and all these friends all over the world and I still ask for their helps

I must say studying in Singapore really gives me a vast network...

No comments: