Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Done with Work

I'm done with work.. I quit... well last week actually ( and after extending one extra week stay from my supposedly quit day in April )

I'm both estatic and sad in leaving my job.. it is anyway my first ever job and I did learn much from the position... I'm saddest because I won't be seeing my wonderful co-workers, all who were supportive of my MBA journey and my personal well-being..

Now that I've quit but am still in LA, I'm spending my days by studying for my CFA level 1, basking under the SCORCHING sun along with Paris, making frequent trips to the fridge while studying and packing my stuff..

I actually had a phone interview with a consulting company in Indonesia yesterday and I had a CASE INTERVIEW.. haha which I sucked at because I do not have enough practice.. haha will let you know how that goes..

I had lunch today with my friend who is currently in Anderson and he's been influencing me to go into Investment Banking.. He says that since I have a background in finance anyway, I should pursue IB. He also says that IB likes to have more women and that they kinda lower the standards for women ( Don't kill me.. i'm just a messenger ) hahaha.. it's pretty tempting.. he says that my going to consumer product (Short term essay goal) is crazy because in Indonesia, I will be paid the same as or a little more than the local graduates ( fresh bachelor's monthly salary in Indonesia is $200 ).

So we'll see.. he says pursuing both Consulting and IB is still manageable and not as HARD as others would say.. Told me to pursue at least IB for summer.. tempting... tempting..

Oh well so that's the update for me......

4 comments:

Mocha said...

ipoel,

you planning to work in Indonesia after your MBA? I thought you wanted to start your own company? What happened to the entrepreneurial spirit? :P

Unknown said...

I'm jealous! Enjoy the quiet before the storm...

ipoel said...

hey hey def goign to start my own.. just need a couple of yrs to regain capitals :) haha so i'm planning to work after MBA first..

@mbasalsera: isn't it daunting? everyone i talk to seems to say mba is not gonna be easy

Anonymous said...

I'm sure it won't be that difficult, specially if you have a financial background ;)

take care