Friday, March 2, 2007

Re-Affirmation

Okay so yesterday was the PMS- ipoel talking.. now it's the almost normal ipoel writing...

My thoughts on why I may not want to do an MBA :
1. wasting my time ( 2 yrs )
2. I could have just started my own business if I want to be an entrepreneur in Indonesia
3. I could have helped my parents' business now instead of 2 years later down the road
4. so many opportunities in Indonesia.. maybe I'm missing something if I don't start right away
5. peer pressure.. looking at fellow friends who are my age but are busy preparing/opening their start up business in Jakarta
6. it's nice to be w family
7. I may have been blinded by the American culture in deciding that I need an MBA to succeed in Indonesia
8. I'm having my PMS and thus I worry a lot

So for now I have decided that I WILL STILL do my MBA :
1. talked to parents, esp mom and somehow now she suports my going to B School
2. I want to finish what I have set out to do two years ago
3. one of my goals in life : MBA
4. I've promised myself not to live in the fast lane.. age is but a number
5. let me take a chance .. for once/twice/thrice

okay.. so.. wish me luck and I hope myself luck too..

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a great list, I've made a similar list =) and even though I've been accepted at all the schools I applied for, one!, each day I think, WHY am i going to put myself through this for the next two years? huge sacrifice, nice to know i'm not the only one with this difficult decision.

ipoel said...

haha let me know what u decide