Friday, August 3, 2007

B.A.L.I


Been such a bore lately with my stories bout work and all aint I? Well BORE NO MORE.. Heading to Bali tonight!! Anyone out there heading Bali too?? Luckily I have a friend who works in Bali so tonight he's taking me to check out the night scene in Bali.. a much needed distraction.. I'm only gonna be there for 2 days! Oh MI! Bali is about 3 hours away by flight from Jakarta?? So since I gotta work on Monday, I must be back in town by Sunday night..

I'm also going to Jiwa Spa at Conrad Hotel. Gonna be my first time going to Spa ever.. well I'm actually going for this traditional "lulur" package - an Indonesian spa sort of - Don't ask me what it is .. as I said.. my first time..

So I WAS planning to go with only friendss.. and haD been able to drag my galfriend to Bali.. and then somehow her mom comes into the picture and then my aunty and my cousin (my aunt and the gf's mom are bestfriends) and in the end my mom.. so there you go 3 gals and 3 moms going.. Not complaining coz I'm going to leave the moms in the hotel tonight :P sorry...

Well so my previous trips to Bali had always been filled with Shopping and Food.. Well this time around we're going to the beaches... haha okay i shall stop this excitement :)

Now for my previous trip ...... I went to Hong Kong.. HAHA first time there.. Visited my banker friend who works in HK. Dang I met up with SOOOO many bankerss in 3 days, it's a shame I don't want to do IB. Seriously! I met with associates, associates-turning-directors, banker-turns-PE... (What's the noun for someone who works at Private Equity? analyst at PE??) Anyway you get the point.. the night scene is pretty nice except that it's really hard to get to any clubs without reservations/VIP/ opening up a table. Kinda like Clarke-Q in Singapore but better clubs. The food is goodd... haha well actually I didnt try the street vendor foods coz my friend has only been there for a while and am not familiar with cantonese.. but I did manage to try good dim sum, chinese food, and REALLY GOOD Lobster Pasta.. (Italian food, i know!)

The view in HK is breath-taking! (See the pic above, I took it while at this lounge at the top of the building) Seriously! it's like this beautiful city scene surrounding your life... or maybe because I only went within 7 miles of the heart of the city.. The shocking thing is that I didn't shop at all there.. not a single item.. not a HK souvenir t shirt.. I don't know.. they have HUGEE malls but I just wasn't in the mood to shop.. I did manage to get around the city by myself when my friend was working.. through the bridges that connected the malls.. (Don't judge me.. the city is FILLED with malls and the malls are connected with these bridges..) I basically walked my way from the apartment to three different malls using these bridges...

Okay so that's my summer travel..
Oh got my UCLA parking permit! yai

No comments: