Tuesday, June 26, 2007

I got an internship

at a start-up microfinance bank in Indonesia.. HOHOHO SO I'm pretty excited.. Going to start work tomorrow. And my visa interview is tomorrow too so wish me luck. You'll have a report of me crying tomorrow if my visa application is rejected..

arniway.. more on the internship : it's an institution that wants to acquire another bank and wants to inject more capital to the bank. It aims to be the first microfinance bank in Indonesia. So I'm gonna be this person (who will head the bank) 's personal assistant.. haha okay not a very glamorous job. but hey i'll take whatever I can get to learn bout microfinance in Indonesia. It's been pretty good since the past week I've been beefing up on my readings bout microfinance. Had finished reading "Banker to the Poor" by Muhammad Yunus, and a few other articles on microfinance in Indonesia.

Now this internship didn't really come smoothly.. I was actually interviewing with another XXX bank in Jakarta and was offered a position in marketing but then this microfinance offer came up and I couldn't let it go.. Funny thing is I actually got this MFI internship through this blog's reader.. Now wow.. who knows blogging could help me this way :) Thank you btw :)

Okay so I have no idea what my hours are like at this new job but I imagine it should be pretty hectic. Wish me luck :)

Other than this internship, I've been meeting with old and new friends in Indonesia. It's great to be back and socialize in Jakarta from a vaccuum of almost 3 years. I'm really excited about the opportunities available in Indonesia and will definitely return back to Indo in the LR.

On the down side, I actually have not been travelling much.. Haven't gone to Bali yet and I've also promised to visit a friend in HK.. Will update you guys and do share of your experience in waiting to start for B School..

5 comments:

Iday said...

That's great news! Congratulations!!!

And good luck for the Visa interview.

Anonymous said...

that is so cool, blogging to microfinance. congrats!

and good luck with that visa thing, all will go well i feel ;)

the being said...

wow! that sounds exciting. and fun :-)
congrats!

ipoel said...

thank you guys!! i got my visa too.. ahh everything is settled.. almost

Anonymous said...

you're welcome :)