Tuesday, July 17, 2007

I wonder if this is what banker does

The company that I worked for is acquiring a bank which provide micro-loans to people. (Notice: Acquiring and Microfinance). Part of what I do day to day is of course learn about microfinance in Indonesia and how the loans are structured ( as compared to in Bangladesh/Phillipines/etc). Now the other part is spent in preparing the documentations to acquire this bank to be submitted the Bank of Indonesia.

The documentations work this way : meet with lawyer and the bank officers. Done with meeting. Lawyers disburse us some documents that we need to work on. Each party fill in the parts that each of them need to fill and collaborate in parts that they need to write together. Our company writes something, reviewed by lawyers, reviewed by the Bank officers, reviewed by us again, reviewed by lawyers again, reviewed by the Bank officers again ( totally not in order, anyone can review anyone's works).. Although this is not as tedious and painstaking as the process described at Monkey Business, I can only wonder if this is what Banker in M&A does... Is what is written in Monkey Business true? Someone enlighten me...

But anyway, I realize I enjoy working with people (read: go around meet people and not sit on my ass 8 hours a day which will drive me crazy one day)..

On another note, I'm throwing a party at my place this weekend! Wii.. what party? no ocassion just feel like throwing one.. The last one I threw a party at my house was in 2003 and really enjoyed it.. So updates later. Was planning to invite around 20+ /30 people but now the guestlist become 40 :O HAHA

2 comments:

kpmg said...

You are popular! :)

Practicing for school eh?

ipoel said...

hahaha no.. friends' friends make up the list :)